Should you repair the pipes in your home or invest in repiping? For many, the idea of repiping your home is daunting and unnecessary. It’s a large project that is intimidating to many homeowners. When you work with Las Vegas Plumbing you can rest easy because we take the stress out of these large projects while focusing on providing the most reliable and comprehensive service in the area.
Benefits of Repiping
Over time, the piping system in your home will begin to wear out and deteriorate. When this happens, you can expect leaks that are more frequent, lower water pressure and even a change in the smell or color of your water.
Repiping will fix all of these issues while also saving you money on water bills. Newer, more modern pipes are designed to accommodate small repairs and last longer and require less attention than older pipes. While repiping is an upfront investment, the benefits pay for themselves.
PEX or Copper?
There are two main piping materials in the industry; PEX and copper. Both have benefits such as reducing the metallic taste from your water, but there are different benefits and downsides to each that may make a difference to you when repiping your home:
- Made from a flexible material that is easy to install and repair
- Resistant to acidic substances and less likely to freeze or burst in cold weather
- Less expensive than copper, but does not last as long
- Cannot be exposed to sunlight, used outside or directly attached to a water heater
- Has strong joints that will not sag or leak
- Highly durable, lasts much longer than PEX
- The upfront cost to install is higher